I have a goal to run a half marathon sometime this year with an ultimate goal of running the Disney World Half Marathon in January. I want that Donald Duck medal...
Thursday, June 9, 2011
Yoga and Flab
I've been going to the yoga class at the gym religiously every Thursday for about six weeks now! I'm really enjoying it and would like to start going twice a week...I'll probably start that when we get back from Disney. Tomorrow, I'm thinking about taking Aubrey to a kids' yoga class at City Yoga! It's free for the first visit, so I thought "What the heck". We'll see how she does. I practiced with her a bit yesterday. Ok, back to me. The yoga is really helping with my flexibility and strength which still needs a ton of work, and I do find it relaxing. It's been nice having a co-worker/friend to share it with too :)
Regarding running, I've started following Jeff Galloway's half-marathon training plan a little early. I'm hoping to perhaps run the Governor's Cup half in November...that way, maybe I won't have such an "unknown" factor at Disney about how well I might do. I'm maintaining at least a 15:50 pace right now, which is mostly walking at a fast pace. My endurance needs work which is why I'm going ahead with the half training plan. I also need to work on running more than walking, or at least half and half. Always something to work on!
Flab...yep, still quite flabby around the torso.
On a non-running/non-yoga note...but yet on a Disney note...we leave in about three short weeks!!!!! We've been showing Aubrey videos of the rides and such. AND, we discovered that Aubrey is tall enough to ride most of the rides!! What?!?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment