Sunday, May 22, 2011

Red Face


Yesterday, I ran/walked on the Lake Murray Dam (a total of 3.1 miles) and was reminded that I have a long way to go. I averaged a 14:58 minute/mile which is under the Disney required minimum pace, but you can tell from the Runkeeper stats that my pace went down with every mile. Seeing as how that was only three miles and the half marathon is 13.1 miles, I have some work to do. I'm still proud of getting my pace down (and that was with mostly walking) but I desperately need to work on my endurance. I'm not going to lie...I'm a total wimp when it comes to these things. Here are some other things I learned from yesterday:

1.) I am VERY thankful that the marathon weekend is in January and not in the heat of the summer.
2.) I need to get a decent pair of sunglasses.
3.) I need to get more of the running skirts. I can't stand when the shorts ride up in the middle :)
4.) While I typically enjoy Pandora, I need to just use my ipod when running so I don't have to keep changing songs.
5.) I much prefer running outside than on the treadmill.

And, yes people, I am one of the red-face runners. No, I'm not about to pass out. No, it's not a sunburn. Yes, it will go away eventually, sometimes an hour later. Luckily, the red face only occurs when I get hot. When I ran in the cold and snow, my face didn't change color. Again, nice planning to have the event in January AND at 5:30 in the morning.

On another note, I will be visiting the gym's cardio cinema this week...Titanic and Tommy Boy!

1 comment:

  1. I am right there with you! I look like I have been on a beach for 12hrs with no sunscreen when I run :)

    ReplyDelete