I have a goal to run a half marathon sometime this year with an ultimate goal of running the Disney World Half Marathon in January. I want that Donald Duck medal...
Wednesday, May 11, 2011
No weight loss?!
So, of course, my main purpose for all of this is to train to finish a half-marathon; however, I am hoping for some much needed weight loss in certain areas. After two weeks of burning more calories than I have in months, not even a tiny amount of weight has been shed. What the heck?! My eating hasn't changed. My stress level, while somewhat increased lately due to work, hasn't changed. It must be my age! Just a little over a year ago, I counted calories without adding much exercise and lost 10+ pounds. While I'm eating an average amount of calories, I'm eating better than I used to. Why am I not losing anything?! I think I need to just not weigh myself daily like I am now :)
I'm enjoying the gym membership and yoga class and am working out at least five days per week. Running is included in at least three of those days, per Jeff Galloway's program. I'm still struggling with getting my pace within the minimum time limit for the half-marathon, but hopefully I'll get there soon...and hopefully will then be able to stay at that pace for 13.1 miles...my endurance has never been stellar. Still huffing and puffing through just one mile. You have to start somewhere I suppose!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment