I signed up for my very first race! Jay and I both have been wanting to participate in the Ray Tanner Home Run Race, which is a 12K and 5K in October. Jay signed up for the 12K and I for the 5K. I thought I should perhaps sign up for a race or two before jumping into the Disney half-marathon. For my second race, I'm planning to sign up for the Governor's Cup which is in November. That race is a half-marathon and 8K. I'll be doing the 8K and Jay will probably do the half. Then, perhaps, I'll feel more comfortable with the Disney half when that time comes :)
I felt the need to sign up for the races, in part to get the racing "experience", but also to give me motivation. You would think that plopping down a lot of money already for the Disney race would be enough motivation!!! It certainly is, but I've been in a sort of slump and haven't trained like I should. I just don't want to finish last in any of the races or get scooped up by the sweepers because I'm not keeping up with the minimum pace. Couldn't imagine that. I'll have to keep that vision in my head for motivation too.
Jay and I are trying out more of a vegetarian diet and I am trying more of a organic diet. We are liking it so far and if nothing else, it makes me feel healthier. The only meat I have eaten in the past week was seafood last Sunday and turkey lunch meat this past Wednesday. Don't want to waste anything we already have!!
It's back to work for me in less than two weeks, which means the ole juggling of things I have to do and more responsibilities. Bummer :( Can't complain though because the summer breaks are amazing to have.


No comments:
Post a Comment