So, I have attempted a goal of running at least twice (once the summer of 2009 and then this past January) but was sidelined each time due to tendinitis(different knees each time). Just when I was getting into a rhythm, I would have to take off weeks at a time to recover and then life got in the way. I need to do something to get into shape, and since I have all of the necessary equipment (expensive pair of Pearl Izumi's, iPod shuffle, running clothes, etc), why not?! My husband Jay is a runner, and I think it would be great for Aubrey to see us both exercising. Jay recently ran the Palmetto 200 last weekend and Palmetto half marathon just this morning.
Anyone who knows me well knows that I am somewhat of a Disney World fan (okay, perhaps obsessive). It make sense that the most motivating thing for me would be to actually run the Disney World Half Marathon! Jay would probably run the full marathon so it would be great for us both. I must admit that I have not run any races other than walking the bridge run in Charleston when I was in high school. I am planning to run my first 5K in June (See Spot Run) and then will go from there!
To help me train, I will be following Jeff Galloway's 8 week conditioning plan and then 19 week half marathon training plan. His plan boasts of running injury free so hopefully I won't suffer from that despicable tendinitis again. And, he is a Disney marathon trainer! I hope to look back at this and be proud of what I accomplished :)
Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment